Save Time and Money with GOFF’s Preventive Maintenance Agreements
Maintenance agreements can mean the difference between indoor comfort and days and nights enduring stifling heat and humidity or frigid conditions. Getting a tuneup for your system can also increase energy savings and protect your heating and cooling units.
Schedule preventive maintenance for your heating unit during fall and your cooling system during spring to make sure they will be ready for the seasons ahead. At Goff Heating and Air Conditioning, LLC, you can take advantage of the GOFF Comfort Protection Club which offers a thorough inspection and cleaning with each system check.
Benefits of Membership
Maintenance agreements save you money in the long run. Apart from the clear advantages to indoor comfort, specific benefits include:
- Semi-annual tuneups and cleaning
- Discount on future repair of equipment
- A credit of $50 toward future purchase of equipment for every year of membership
- Priority service during peak seasons
- NO overtime charges after hours or weekends (except holidays)
General Guidelines for Keeping Your Home Comfortable and Energy Efficient
Preventive maintenance will only go so far. There is a lot more that you can do to improve HVAC performance and energy efficiency.
- Have a qualified HVAC professional inspect your home’s ducts and cooling equipment.
- During winter, set your thermostat to 68°F when you’re at home and awake, and as low as 60°F when you’re asleep or awake
- Clean or replace furnace filters every month.
- Clean the chimney and check to see if your fireplace is working properly.
- Seal air leaks in the attic, basement, and crawlspace and also around windows and doors.
- Insulate the inside of windows with heavy-duty, clear plastic sheets.
- Check your attic for proper insulation. (The U.S. Department of Energy suggests using insulation with a value between R-22 and R-49.)
- When it’s cold, close curtains, or shades at night and keep them open during the day. Keep curtains and window coverings closed during the day to keep the sunlight out during summer.
- Use weatherstripping to seal leaks around doors that lead to cold or outside areas.
- Wrap and insulate water lines to prevent them from freezing.
- Repair leaky faucets.
Extra Steps you can Take to Save Energy
Considering that heating and cooling easily account for almost half of your energy bills, even the smallest effort counts. Constantly look for ways to save energy around your home, so that you can save money.
- Lower the temperature of your water heater to 120°F (for every 10-degree decrease in temperature, you may save 3% to 5% on your energy costs).
- Insulate the water tank and the first six feet of hot and cold water pipes connected to the unit.
- Install a programmable thermostat so that you can preset temperatures for different times of the day.
- Install rubber gaskets behind outlets and use switch plates on exterior walls.
- Install low-flow showerheads.
Things You Can do to Improve Air Quality and Reduce Potential Health Risks
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), reports that indoor air can be significantly more polluted than outdoor air. Considering that we spend most of our time indoors, we have to learn how to protect our indoor air quality and be vigilant about doing so.
- Take special precaution when operating fuel-burning appliances to avoid leakage.
- Reduce the potential for buildup of allergy-causing pollutants by keeping your house clean.
- Clean water-damaged carpets and materials, or consider replacement.
- Consider a ventilation system to increase air circulation inside and add a healthy dose of fresh air.
- When adjusting clocks, change batteries in smoke alarms, as well as radon and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Store and dispose of household chemicals in a safe manner.
Poor indoor air quality can be detrimental for everyone — not just those with health or respiratory problems. Goff Heating and Air Conditioning, LLC can help you to find solutions to address indoor air quality problems in your home or business. Call us today at 417-869-5203 to sign up for our maintenance programs or find out how we can help you to breathe a lot easier in Springfield.
$20 Off Service Call With System Repair
Can be used on any system repair. Cannot be combined with other offers. Call Goff Heating and Air Conditioning at 417-869-5203. Present coupon at time of repair.